- COMPAÑÍA MEXICANA DE AVIACIÓN (CMA) SUSPENDS TICKET SALES AS OF TODAY AT 6:00 P.M. CENTRAL TIME.
- CMA WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE FLIGHTS IN THE INTEREST OF PROTECTING PASSENGERS AND CONTINUED NEGOTIATIONS WITH ITS UNIONS.
- MexicanaClick AND MexicanaLink CONTINUE TO SELL AND OPERATE DOMESTIC FLIGHTS AS NORMAL.
Mexico City, August 4 2010. Compañía Mexicana de Aviación (CMA) announced that as of 6:00 p.m. central time today all ticket sales will be suspended and that no tickets will be issued until further notice.
The decision affects only Companía Mexicana de Aviación ticket sales. MexicanaClick and MexicanaLink are independent carriers and will therefore continue to sell and operate domestic flights as normal through mexicana.com and all traditional channels.
This decision will allow CMA to convey with certainty that domestic flight sales will continue as normal through MexicnaClick and MexicanaLink.
Compañía Mexicana de Aviación will continue to operate its international flights in the interests of:
- Protecting passengers who have already purchased flights.
- Ongoing union negotiations in the hope of a positive outcome.
Compañía Mexicana de Aviación would like to take this opportunity to state that it remains committed to its customers, commercial partners and employees. For regular updates, or domestic ticket sales please visit mexicana.com or contact us on Twitter @mexicanaair.